Adults Gracie Jiu Jitsu Program
Gracie Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is the official hand-to-hand self-defence combat system of the United States Military and law enforcement agencies. This self-defence method was designed so that anyone can learn practical self-defence in the shortest possible time.
Our Adults Brazilian Jiu Jitsu program is broken into 3 main class types. This will accommodate all students no matter your age, experience or fitness level. Located only minutes from Miranda Westfield in the heart of the Sutherland Shire, Gracie Miranda will offer the following:
Gracie Fundamental Classes
Students will learn the most important techniques in Gracie Jiu Jitsu. This will eventually form the basis of their Brazilian Jiu Jitsu game. These classes are ideal for anyone wishing to start Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Our fundamental program covers the following components of Gracie Jiu Jitsu including (but not limited to):
- Warm ups and drills – exercises to prepare students for their physical training
- Self defence – counters to the most common attacks such as punches, kicks and headlocks
- Ground grappling – the fundamental attacks and defences for ground fighting
Gracie Beginners Classes
Warm ups, self defence and ground grappling are all a part of our Beginners program. However these classes have more of a “rolling” focus. Students now have a better understanding of the basic positions and goals of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. These classes are ideal for everyone ranging from new students to those with up to 2 years experience. Students with more experience who just want to brush up on their basics will also enjoy this class.
Gracie Intermediate/Advanced Classes
These classes are for students who have a blue belt (or higher) in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. In these classes students will be exposed to:
- Self-defence – advanced counters to attacks.
- Sport Brazilian Jiu Jitsu – competition-style Jiu Jitsu. You will learn throws, reversals, escapes and submission holds.
No Gi Classes
Similar to Gi Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes but participants wear shorts and rash vests. Participants are not allowed to grab the clothing. In these classes students will learn:
- Takedowns and wrestling
- Sport Jiu Jitsu- Competition style Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Specific, takedowns, no gi submission holds, reversals and escapes will be covered in these classes.
These classes are suitable for all experience levels.
Free Introduction Class
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for Everyone!!
Thought of starting Brazilian Jiu Jitsu but are unsure if you would like this Martial Art?
Come train with us for free. Without obligation, no pressure!!